The Repwise applications (“the applications”) are operated by Repwise PTY (Ltd) and provide a sales and territory management service (“the service”).
It is our commitment to protect your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly and lawfully.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We are subject to the Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013. If you choose to use the applications, personal information that we collect may include, but without limitation, the following:
- Name and surname;
- Email address;
- Physical or residential address;
- Telephone number;
- Log in details to access account/electronic identification and
- Designation, title and function
We also collect other information that may not personally identify you, which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Location data
- Stored against the customer records in the database, this information establishes the geographical location of the customer, and is utilised for navigation to customers and placing location pins for the customers on the map, and for planning purposes.
- Device OS Version
- This is used to help us with troubleshooting and for information on the distribution of the applications across various devices.
- Camera access
- Used to take a "selfie" to allow for a personalised home page or for capturing photos in the applications. These photos are stored by us, and sent on to the user’s company.
- Gallery Access
- Used to select an image that was previously captured by the camera. These photos are stored by us, and sent on to the user’s company.
The application contains other specific functionalities which collect and store data as listed below:
- Built-In Communications Service
- In order to ensure the applications function in a smooth and accurate manner, a process known as Comms sends and receives data from the Repwise server when it is run by the user. When a Comms is performed, transactional data is sent to the server, and lookup data is received by the device, dependent on the user’s actions and configuration. To run these services, a network connection is required.
- This data is saved to the server as a backup in the event of a device malfunction, factory reset, theft, or loss, so that it can be restored to the new device.
- Log Data
- You have the option to manually enable the collection and sending of log data by contacting our support team and following the instructions provided. The log data that is collected is in the form of custom messages embedded in the code, that provide additional information related to the errors encountered, and is used to troubleshoot issues that may arise in the applications.
- When an action such as a Comms is performed and logging is enabled, the log data is compiled, and is sent to us via the Comms process. Alternatively, if the Comms process is the issue, the log data can be sent to us via an email. Logging may be added to other processes within the applications as the need arises.
- Background Processes
- If the applications are active, a background process will run intermittently. The purpose of this is to poll the REST API service for updated product stock level data, or other pertinent updates.
The personal information that we collect is used to provide and maintain the functionality of the applications to be performed. In addition, the data collected is used to provide information so that we can effectively improve the service and further achieve our business purpose.
Although the device specific phone call functionality is called from within the applications, such phone calls are not recorded, and no information relating to said phone calls are stored by the applications.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will not use or share your information with anyone except under the following circumstances:
- To your employer, as part of the service;
- To our employees and independent contractors in order to assist and help us provide or improve the service;
- To comply with a legal obligation such as a subpoena, court order or government request;
- To protect the property or rights of us, third parties, or the public at large or
- We receive your express authorisation and consent to disclose such information.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION OUTSIDE SOUTH AFRICA
In certain circumstances and at the request of your employer, we may transfer your personal information outside of South Africa to achieve our business purpose. Where we are required to do so, your employer will ensure appropriate safeguards and protection are in place.
We will retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, unless we are required to retain said information due to a legal obligation or requirement. Information that is no longer required will be discarded.
We value your trust in providing us with your personal information and we are committed to protecting your information by using appropriate and reasonable computer and technical safeguards. Unfortunately, no method of data transmission or electronic storage is completely secure and reliable, and we cannot warrant the absolute security of such information.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The applications may also contain links to external third-party websites. We are not responsible for, and make no representations or warranties in relation to, the privacy practices of any external third-party websites and applications. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage to the device when the user accesses such external third-party websites.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data that are commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your device’s memory.
Our related websites, referred to in the previous section, use these cookies to collect information and assist us in improving our service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to have your browser refuse our cookies, it is possible that you may not be able to use some portions of our service.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information held by us. You also have the right to request us to update, correct, or delete your information. We will require a certified copy of your identity document to confirm your identity before providing any details or attending to any requests, subject to authorisation by your company.